Serial Passive Harmonic Filter
Harmonix, serial passive harmonic filter, is an easy to apply and cost effective solution that mitigate harmonics caused by AC variable frequency drives without problems observed by other filtering applications.
Harmonix do not resonate with other loads in the power system and serves the needs for drive isolation transformer, AC line reactor and DC chokes. It also increases the total power factor of the system by eliminating the harmonics.
BENEFITS OF HARMONIX – SERIAL PASSIVE HARMONIC FILTER
- Efficient mitigation of the harmonic currents
- Compliance with IEEE 519 and other Power Quality standards
- Eliminate possibility of dangerous resonances
- Low capacitive reactance can be used at generator applications
- Long term savings in system operation and maintenance costs
- Improve true power factor
- Absorbs surges and spikes
- Decrease voltage peaks
- Extends operating lifetime of inverters